Justin’s practice involves a wide range of general and complex commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts. Justin’s role since joining the firm in May of 2008 has consisted of heading up massive document productions and reviews using Summation technology, discovery planning, motion practice, deposition preparation, taking witness depositions around the country, and involvement in the preparation for numerous mediations and arbitrations. At our firm Justin also handles matters that come into the firm in the areas of criminal defense, employment law and plaintiff representation including the litigation of matters in the areas of fraud, consumer law, DTPA, and personal injury.
Justin V. Sumner
- Assisted in the representation of an airline company in $150 million contract litigation, fraud, and alter ego/piercing the corporate veil claims.
- Assisted in the representation of professionals from publicly traded companies in investigations brought by the SEC following restatements of the companies’ financial statements.
- Landlord-Tenant Plaintiff’s judgment.
- Assisted in the representation of Fortune 500 Company Qui Tam litigation.
- Assisted in the litigation involving general employment matters: covenants not to compete, breaches of fiduciary duties, wrongful termination.
- Represented numerous individuals whom were injured in automobile accidents and those victims of consumer law violations.
- Assisted in representation of Forbes 200 outsourcing company dispute regarding fraud and breach of contract.
- Probate of wills and estates.
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
Juris Doctor, December 2006
- The University of Technology School of Law, Sydney, Australia
Credit earned, August 2005
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Bachelor Business Administration; Marketing/Management
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- State Bar of Texas