Information technology and telecom transactions and litigation practice. Practice includes negotiation and dispute resolution of information technology outsourcing, business process outsourcing transactions, software licensing, support and implementation transactions, and global voice and data telecommunications service transactions.
David H. Pace, Partner
- Prosecution of civil suit for breach of noncompetition agreement, misappropriation of trade secrets, misuse of confidential and proprietary information, and unfair competition.
- Defense of claims for indemnification arising out of a $69 Million asset sale transaction.
- Defense of qui tam actions under the False Claims Act related to government service contracts.
- Recovery of $3 million for corporate software licensee in arbitration of software implementation dispute.
- Defense verdict in suit alleging breach of contract and fraud in connection with software licensing and implementation transaction.
- Negotiation of $250 million outsourcing and software implementation transaction for major hospital group in connection with the Cerner Millenium software system.
- Negotiation of $200 million business process outsourcing and software licensing transaction for finance and accounting services for publicly-traded industrial manufacturing company.
- Negotiation of $100 million business process outsourcing and software licensing transaction for accounting, human resources, marketing and production services for publicly-traded energy company.
- Negotiation of $75 million global voice and data telecommunications service agreement for corporate telecom service user, saving the client $14 million over three years.
- Negotiation of Oracle and SAP software licensing, implementation and support transactions for corporate users.
- Columbia University School of Law
J.D. 1986, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Articles Editor Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems
- Southern Methodist University
B.A. Magna Cum Laude, 1983, Phi Beta Kappa, Majored in Economics, Political Science and Russian Language, with a minor in History, Kay Wiley Russian Language Scholarship, Dean’s List all semesters, Kappa Sigma National Scholarship/Leadership Award.
- State Bar of Texas
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Frequent speaker and lecturer at information technology, business process outsourcing and telecommunications law seminars
- Author of paper titled Negotiating Global Voice and Data Telecom Service Agreements
- Guest lecturer at the University of London Graduate School of Law on international voice and data communications transactions.